20100921agenda » History » Version 6
Luis Figueira, 2010-09-17 05:09 PM
added website/web presence
h1. 2010-09-21: Agenda notes
h2. Review of eScience All-Hands Meeting
* Interesting things learned
* People to keep in touch with, etc
* Actions to take (e.g. documenting outcomes on website)
* Missing areas of research - e.g. software synthesis?
* Ask how much software development experience the respondent has?
* Ask for general comments?
* Send survey to autumn-school nominees as well?
h2. Open questions in strategic planning
* Is hosting code, data etc our best approach, or are there more cost-effective, simple, effective, sustainable etc alternatives?
* What route to sustainability if we do provide hosting?
* Review selection of applications, hosting platform etc (*note:* please review Chris's "initial technical notes":https://code.soundsoftware.ac.uk/attachments/2/initial-tech-notes.pdf and "thoughts on a repository service":https://code.soundsoftware.ac.uk/attachments/4/repository-thoughts-may-2010.pdf presentations)
* Project management (e.g. this document) -- use same platform, or something else?
* Identify institutions that might be keen on closer involvement at an early stage (from the preliminary survey results?) -- test out some ideas with them
h2. Audio & Music Software Autumn School
* Should we have an hands-on approach (eg. during the course developing and sharing of libraries and small programs within two different groups)?
** send the participants the survey before the workshop
** make a special feedback survey after the workshop and maybe one after 3/6 months, asking if they still use the methodologies learned in the workshop
h2. Website and web presence
* The creation of a community is vital for the success of this project. The website has currently a quite "formal" look and feel. Maybe it would be a good idea to make it more dynamic and social network oriented. The big question here: why would people want to visit our site?
* Social networking: Twitter, Facebook, etc… -- where should we be? With what?
* Server acquisition