« Previous -
Next » -
Luis Figueira, 2010-09-17 05:09 PM
added website/web presence
2010-09-21: Agenda notes¶
Review of eScience All-Hands Meeting¶
- Interesting things learned
- People to keep in touch with, etc
- Actions to take (e.g. documenting outcomes on website)
- Missing areas of research - e.g. software synthesis?
- Ask how much software development experience the respondent has?
- Ask for general comments?
- Send survey to autumn-school nominees as well?
Open questions in strategic planning¶
- Is hosting code, data etc our best approach, or are there more cost-effective, simple, effective, sustainable etc alternatives?
- What route to sustainability if we do provide hosting?
- Review selection of applications, hosting platform etc (note: please review Chris's initial technical notes and thoughts on a repository service presentations)
- Project management (e.g. this document) -- use same platform, or something else?
- Identify institutions that might be keen on closer involvement at an early stage (from the preliminary survey results?) -- test out some ideas with them
Audio & Music Software Autumn School¶
- Should we have an hands-on approach (eg. during the course developing and sharing of libraries and small programs within two different groups)?
- send the participants the survey before the workshop
- make a special feedback survey after the workshop and maybe one after 3/6 months, asking if they still use the methodologies learned in the workshop
Website and web presence¶
- The creation of a community is vital for the success of this project. The website has currently a quite "formal" look and feel. Maybe it would be a good idea to make it more dynamic and social network oriented. The big question here: why would people want to visit our site?
- Social networking: Twitter, Facebook, etc… -- where should we be? With what?