« Previous -
Next » -
Chris Cannam, 2010-09-17 04:27 PM
2010-09-21: Agenda notes¶
Review of eScience All-Hands Meeting¶
- Interesting things learned
- People to keep in touch with, etc
- Actions to take (e.g. documenting outcomes on website)
- Missing areas of research - e.g. software synthesis?
- Ask how much software development experience the respondent has?
- Ask for general comments?
- Send survey to autumn-school nominees as well?
Open questions in strategic planning¶
- Is hosting code, data etc our best approach, or are there more cost-effective, simple, effective, sustainable etc alternatives?
- What route to sustainability if we do provide hosting?
- Review selection of applications, hosting platform etc (note: please review Chris's initial technical notes and thoughts on a repository service presentations)
- Project management (e.g. this document) -- use same platform, or something else?
- Identify institutions that might be keen on closer involvement at an early stage (from the preliminary survey results?) -- test out some ideas with them