20101109actions » History » Version 2
Luis Figueira, 2010-11-09 12:38 PM
h2. Evaluation of the workshop
* programming background very different
* many different research areas (was this good or bad?)
* some "attitude" problems??
* networking was good… but it would be more important if everybody's research topic "presentations" should have been done in the first day
* all the energy and "side" stories compensated for a lack of technical expertise
h2. one day workshops? is it possible?
h2. Version Control
* the most important ideia coming out of the course
* main topic for 1 day workshop
* Are the user interfaces is more important than the tools itself?
* should we develop our own tool? (based on hgexplorer)
** study needs and workflows
** tailor for new students, presentations, workshops
h2. Building the "network"
* organize a workshop every year
** focused on the software used, not in the research itself
** share code, practices
* could also be done internally (C4DM)
** need of bug tracking software
** wiki to have discussions