« Previous -
Next » -
Luis Figueira, 2010-11-09 12:38 PM
Evaluation of the workshop¶
- programming background very different
- many different research areas (was this good or bad?)
- some "attitude" problems??
- networking was good… but it would be more important if everybody's research topic "presentations" should have been done in the first day
- all the energy and "side" stories compensated for a lack of technical expertise
one day workshops? is it possible?¶
- the most important ideia coming out of the course
- main topic for 1 day workshop
- Are the user interfaces is more important than the tools itself?
- should we develop our own tool? (based on hgexplorer)
- study needs and workflows
- tailor for new students, presentations, workshops
Building the "network"
- organize a workshop every year
- focused on the software used, not in the research itself
- share code, practices
- could also be done internally (C4DM)
- need of bug tracking software
- wiki to have discussions