Parameter values do not update correctly in the UI
|Assignee:||Chris Cannam||% Done:|
Something that worked fine in previous versions (e.g. 2.0), now doesn't work in version 3.3, even though the vamp plugin being used hasn't changed:
The MELODIA plugin has a dropdown "Program" parameter that's set by default to "Polyphonic". When changing it to "Monophonic", the plugin changes the value of the "Voicing Tolerance" parameter from 0.2 to 3.0. This change used to be reflected correctly in the SV UI, but in recent versions it doesn't (nothing happens when you change the program parameter).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install recent version of SV (e.g. 3.3)
2. Install the melodia plugin: https://www.upf.edu/web/mtg/melodia
3. Load an audio file into SV, open up the "MELODIA - Melody Extraction" plugin
4. Note that "Program" is set to "Polyphonic", and that "Voicing Tolerance" is set to 0.2
5. Change "Program" from "Polyphonic" to "Monophonic"
6. Note that the "Voicing Tolerance" parameter remains on 0.2 (should have been automatically updated to 3.0)
If you use SV 2.0 (for example) and repeat the steps above, after performing step 5, you'll notice that the value of the "Voicing Tolerance" parameter does indeed get updated in the UI.
I've only tried this on 2.0 and 3.3, so I'm not sure at which version bump the issue first started occurring.