Unit conversion helper
It would be very nice to have a window to help do unit conversions, that is, it would have a set of text fields you enter numbers into and it would convert those numbers to different units for you.
Possible unit conversions could include
You enter any of the following:
- MIDI note number
- Note name and octave
- Maybe Key number on the piano keyboard (1-88)
- Maybe Tonic of key, major/minor, temperament, note number in scale, and octave
and it should provide conversions to all of the others. It should use the concert-A setting in the preferences, and remind you what that is.
- Difference between two notes, in Hz
- Difference between two frequencies, in semitones/cents
- Hz to period (sec/msec)
- bpm to period
- bpm to Hz
- ms to sample count (and vice versa) at file sample rate
- ms to sample count (and vice versa) at arbitrary sample rate