AuthenticatingHg » History » Version 7
Authentication for Mercurial activity¶
- Clone/pull from repo for public project: Any user, no authentication required
- Clone/pull from repo for private project: Permitted users only
- Push to repo for public project: Permitted users only
- Push to repo for private project: Permitted users only
What constitutes a permitted user?
- A user who is a member of the project?
- A user who is identified in the [web] section of the repository?
- A user who is both a member and identified in the [web] section?
- A user who is either a member or identified in the [web] section?
- A user who is identified in the [web] section, if any, or is a member if there is no such section?
- Apache authentication against Redmine user database using mod_auth_mysql (no support for LDAP-authenticated users?)
- Apache authentication against Redmine users using the mod_perl module Redmine.pm or a variant thereof (http://redmine.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/extra/svn/Redmine.pm -- designed for SVN access via WebDAV)?
- Hg repository [web]-section authorisation using hgwebdir.cgi (http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/PublishingRepositories#Setting_up_the_hgweb.cgi_script)
Other links on this subject:
- Separation between authentication and authorisation activities: http://markmail.org/message/xmav6qg3is3xptve#query:+page:1+mid:xmav6qg3is3xptve+state:results
- hgrc [web] section: http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/hgrc.5.html#web
- Using mod_auth_mysql to authenticate against the Redmine database directly: http://maff.ailoo.net/2009/03/authenticate-apache-against-redmine-with-authmysql/