The Lost Laptop Problem¶
- 2010 Ponemon Institute report for Intel re. US laptops
- On average, 2.3% of laptops assigned to employees are lost each year
- In education & research that rises to 3.7%, with 10.8% of laptops being lost before the end of their useful life
- ~3 years i.e. within 1 PhD of allocation!
- 75% lost outside the workplace
- Very similar results from 2011 European report!
Intel 2010, The Billion Dollar Lost Laptop Problem - http://tinyurl.com/8c9m4bn
Intel 2011, The Billion Euro Laptop Problem - http://tinyurl.com/9wpbxn9