Postgraduate training for research data management in the psychological sciences
DMTpsych built upon existing research data management materials developed by the Digital Curation Centre Opens new window (DCC) to create discipline-focused postgraduate training materials that can be embedded into postgraduate research training in the psychological sciences. The materials produced consist of:
- PowerPoint slides to be used in taught research methods courses
- Workbook containing psychology specific guidance on completing the DCC’s Online Data Management Planning Tool (including worked examples)
- A paper copy of the DMPT Opens new window to be completed by students (actually at DCC)
The lectures are structured thematically to match the existing DCC DMPT with the eight key sections forming the centrepiece of six psychology specific lectures and round table discussions.
Deliverables onlineMaterial available for:
- 1. Historical and Conceptual Issues and Best Practice
- 2. Introduction and context to psychology-specific DMPT
- 3a. Access, data sharing and re-use; Legal and ethical issues
Good detail on Data Protection and FoI. Less good on IPR.
- 3b. Data standards and capture methods
- 4. Short-term storage and data management; Deposit and long-term preservation
- 5. Resourcing; Adherence, review and long-term management
- 6. Completion of your own Data Management Plan
- Informed Consent Form
This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, and although their new works must also acknowledge you and be non-commercial, they don’t have to license their derivative works on the same terms.
Written from a psychology perspective... but the content isn't particularly psych.