See also this spreadsheet
The Dublin Core Metadata Initiative, or "DCMI", is an open organization supporting innovation in metadata design and best practices across the metadata ecology. DCMI's activities include work on architecture and modeling, discussions and collaborative work in DCMI Communities and DCMI Task Groups, global conferences, meetings and workshops, standards liaison, and educational efforts to promote widespread acceptance of metadata standards and best practices.
See also ANSI standard for Dublin Core (below).
The METS schema is a standard for encoding descriptive, administrative, and structural metadata regarding objects within a digital library, expressed using the XML schema language of the World Wide Web Consortium.
Metadata Object Description Schema (MODS) is a schema for a bibliographic element set that may be used for a variety of purposes, and particularly for library applications.
Various standards for metadata and packaging
- AES-R9-2008 : AES standards project report - Considerations for standardising AES metadata sets
- AES57-2011 : AES standard for audio metadata - Audio object structures for preservation and restoration
- AES60-2011 : AES standard for audio metadata - Core audio metadata
- ANSI/NISO Z39.85 - 2007 The Dublin Core Metadata Element Set
- ANSI/NISO Z39.87 - 2006 (R2011) Data Dictionary - Technical Metadata for Digital Still Images