Remove absolute pathname in connect-to-database. (mtp-admin/music-data.lisp)
Create cache directories if they don't exist.
It is possible to import empty datasets, which cause an error when described.
running commands on an empty database produces an error (e.g.,
- Polyphonic viewpoints for modelling harmonic movement
- A straightforward language for specifying viewpoints, including viewpoint schemas (e.g. interval, interval size being target viewpoints), making system more data agnostic
- Zero barlengths sometimes cause divide by zero errors
- Implement a 'Pace' viewpoint: measure of information rate (bits/sec), analogous to flow in speech production.
Optionally specify: min-links
Print trace information about VP sets being tested + mean IC values record this to log file.
- Memory errors sometimes occur with large viewpoints sets (e.g., Cpitch with no basis specified)
- When decimal places are restricted for comparison, earlier systems are preferred within a round, so use full precision to choose between ties
- More flexible way for user to specify constraints on viewpoint search:
- Define labelled viewpoint classes
- Pairs/triples of labels/wildcards specify acceptable combinations
- User provides whitelist or blacklist spec
- Provide recommended viewpoints for more basic viewpoints than just cpitch, onset & bioi
- Predict over more than one dataset.
- Allow multiple memory stores (i.e., not restricted to just two: the LTM and STM).
- Hierarchical structure: chunk common patterns into symbols using information content and entropy as indicators of grouping structure (Pearce et al., 2010, Perception)
- Compute predictive information (PI), expected PI and PI rate as analogs to IC, entropy and entropy rate respectively (Abdallah & Plumbley, 2009).
- Offer the selection of alternative context strategies (e.g., include future context)
- Allow the user to fix the weights for particular combinations, e.g. weighted viewpoints, or weighted memory stores (LTM/STM etc.)
- Allow the user to determine order of model combination (e.g., LTM-STM first, then viewpoints vs viewpoints first then LTM/STM)
- Implement as a web service to avoid installation woes.
- Extend caching of results
- Use sampling to estimate mean IC during VP selection.
- Optimise viewpoint selection based on match with existing IC values.
- Include unit testing code.